Monday, January 21, 2008

At 9:07 a.m., Monday, January 14, 2008 Cale Anderson Canada made his appearance into this world. Delivered via C-Section, Cale weighed 8 lbs. 8-1/2 oz. & was 20" long. I was very surprised at his size! Out of the 3, Cale was the largest.

We arrived at the hospital at 6:30 a.m. and had to wait in the waiting room for an hour before they could take us back (all 31 Labor & Delivery rooms were full!). While we were waiting in the waiting room a family came in waiting to hear from their loved ones, and the little girl that was with them was very whiny; I told Brian that she is either spoiled or sick. Brian thought she was just spoiled, but a mom can tell that whine! Next thing we know they pull out a plastic bag out of her backpack for her to throw up in! I just about died! I am a germ-a-phobe anyway, but could not believe this family brought this sick child to a hospital that mainly delivers babies! We immediately called Brian's mom to let her know where to sit in the waiting room and to wash the kids hands well!

Once they took us back it was a whirlwind after that, next thing I knew, I was walking to the delivery room. I think this was the most nerve wrecking delivery out of the 3. For some reason I got myself really worked up. I experienced nausea after the epidural and then started panicking they were going to start the c-section and I would be vomiting! Thankfully they did not, but oh my goodness I was worked up!

Once I got to my room, I got to see the kids, the baby had to stay in the nursery for 4 hours for the normal observation. Liddie did not know what to think about me being in a hospital bed and was very apprehensive at first. We got her to sit with me in the bed and she was happy to watch tv and that helped her relax. Parker of course was very excited about this whole deal, but Liddie really just didn't know what was going on.

It took a couple of days, but Liddie has warmed up to "Baby Cale" which sounds like "Baby Girl" coming out of her sweet little mouth. Parker enjoys holding and cuddling Cale. Our dog Chia, still thinks we brought some alien home with us, she cannot figure him out!

I was released from the hospital on Thursday. By the time we were released, stopped to pick up a couple of necessities, lunch & Liddie it was nearly 2:00. When I got home I smelled Natural Gas and found out that we were having heating problems. This is not the time to be having this kind of problem as well all are experiencing the winter chill, though I know some more than us, but it was cold nonetheless. After having the gas company out and a heating company out, the night was pretty chaotic. Liddie wanted me to do everything, which she just didn't understand that I could not pick her up, lift her or anything like that. She had a major melt down and so did I, it was so hard as a mom to have your little one cry and cry and cry because you won't pick her up, it was really heartbreaking!

The nights have been off and on, good one, then a not so good one. He still has his days and nights mixed up. I am just thankful Brian is home again all this week to let me rest during the day.

I hope to use this forum to keep you updated about our family, please continue to check it out from time to time and read updates. I have several friends that use this way to provide updates and I truly enjoy reading them.

I am so thankful to be blessed with 3 beautiful and healthy children! God is so good!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: