Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cale's First Birthday

This day has been bittersweet for me.  I love to see Baby Cale grow, but at the same time I *love* the baby stage so much!  Cale is the "caboose" of our family which makes me sad sometimes, then again it makes me happy sometimes...depends on how the day is going.

Cale is the sweetest baby and very laid back, guess most 3rd babies automatically get the laid back personality.  He can be very quiet, though he babbles a lot too.  He is saying ma ma ma ma ma and da da da da da, and some times even ba ba ba ba ba (Parker, i.e. Bubba).  He doesn't cry a lot, mainly when he is tired and hugry, and fusses only sometimes with a dirty diaper.  The boy is still not sleeping through the night, but I think I am also attached to him waking up and enjoying nursing him.  With each baby they have their own thing they do just between the two of you and Cale's "thing" is to reach close to my neck of my shirt and somehow get his hand just inside and gently rub my chest, it is just so sweet.

Of course he has fallen into the "third child syndrome" meaning he did not get a big first birthday party like the other two, I still have not taken him for pictures (the other two were on the actual day!), and I guess we haven't taken as many of him as we did the others.  I do wish we would have taken more pictures the day he was born, I try not to feel regret about it because I can't change it.

Here is a slide show I put together of his first year...13 pictures, one a month from the day of his birth until today, his first birthday.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nicely done sister!